Be sure to reduce the number of points applied to this purchase. Do not purchase this using only points because it will undervalue the points spent. Your points are worth money!
In this case, you would be spending $1.25 worth of points for every $1.00 paid with points (instead of a fair value of $1.00 for $1.00). The conversion rate is $1.00 of Citi cashback to 100 ThankYou points on my Citi Double Cash Card.
Ring Fit Adventure on the Nintendo Switch has been a hot item during lockdown and will constantly sell out. Sometimes the product page buy box will be empty and you will need to click through to view all offers before seeing the true availability
- Discount: Amazon and Citi have a promotion for 20% off your purchase when you use at least 1 ThankYou point at checkout. Activation is required
- Payment: Amazon Gift Card, few Citi ThankYou points. Double dip on payment rewards by buying Amazon Gift Cards at the grocery store with a generous grocery credit card. You can enjoy the 20% discount from the promotion and you won’t be limited to a card with a weak bonus at Amazon.
- Cashback: Unfortunately Amazon is still not listed as participating on any cashback sites
$79.99 (regular price) + 6.56 (sales tax)
– 16.00 (20% off when using points) – 0.10 (12 points)
– 3.52 (assuming 5% discount on Amazon gift card balance) = $66.93
The maximum discount of $30 in the 20% off promotion can be split between multiple purchases so do not feel rushed to spend it all at once. Also worth mentioning is that this promotion could only be applied to items shipped and sold by Amazon.com.
You may need to switch your Citi card as the default payment method for your Amazon account if you have difficulty paying with points and account balance at the same time
Points are worth money
Stacking is easier online